نَصْرٌ مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَفَتْحٌ قَرِيبٌ is yet another most inspiring ayahs of the glorious Qur’an.
This ayah gives solace to the heart. Kindles optimism among believers. Brightens our hope. Cheers us up when we feel low or let down. Increases our faith in our Creator.
When we see the tide of kufr ruling the roost, this ayah comes as the silver lining in the otherwise dark clouds.
This ayah is a perfect motivation for Muslims to endeavor to achieve success, glory and happiness.
The key words in نَصْرٌ مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَفَتْحٌ قَرِيبٌ are ‘Nasr and Fath’.
1.* ‘Nasr’ comes from the root نصر Nasara which means to help or aid, to aid in repelling an attack, to triumph.
From this root comes Naasir, meaning helper. One of the Attributive Names of Allah is An-Naasir which means ‘the helper’. What an Excellent Helper Allah is!
Another Attributive Name of Allah that comes from the same root is An-Naseer, the Supporter. What an Excellent Support!
The Muslims of Madinah who welcomed the Muhajiroon (the emigrants) with unparalleled love and kindness are distinguished by the name ‘al Ansaar’, the helpers. Likewise the hawariyyoon, the true disciples of Prophet Eesa alaihis salam are called as Al Ansaar.
* ‘Fath’ comes from the root فتح Fataha which means to open, to find a way, key, to conquer, victory, to adjudicate, conquest.
The Attributive Name of Allah that comes from this root is AL FATTAAH, the Best Judge, the Best Arbitrator, the Opener, the Giver of Victory.
2. Only in two places in the Qur’an, Allah mentions Nasr and Fath together. One is نَصْرٌ مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَفَتْحٌ قَرِيبٌ (Surah as-Saff 61: 13) and the other one is إذا جاء نصر الله والفتح (Surah an-Nasr 110:1)
3. The above two verses and many other verses in the Qur’an reveal one thing in common. That Allah helps to bring about victory to the Believers. Military victory! Subhanallaah. (For further examples, please refer Surah Ar-Room this ayah, Surah Aal Imran this ayah, Surah Tawbah this ayah and Surah Aal Imran this ayah)
4. We must understand very clearly that Allah not only helps but all help comes only from Allah and none else!
5. Allah asserts emphatically saying that it is the Right upon Allah to support and help His true believers. Subhanallaah!
6. As Allah says we need to firmly believe in نَصْرٌ مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَفَتْحٌ قَرِيبٌ that help and victory from Allah is not far and that it is graciously imminent!
7. Help of Allah is not just restricted to this world alone.
Allah supports and helps not only in this world but also in the Hereafter
8. He who has the keys of the unseen helps and gives victory to whomsoever He wills. We need to understand that help and victory are exclusive blessings coming from Allah to the fortunate ones of His choice